Tuesday, July 19, 2011

GRE

Welp, finally took my GRE on Saturday.  Ian was wonderful and took me running beforehand and made me breakfast.  He's pretty much the best.  But what a stressful experience.  Makes the SAT look tame.  They take a metal detector wand (like the ones you see in COPs) and practically pat you down before you go into the testing room.  I felt like I was getting arrested rather then going to take a standardized test!  I ended up doing so-so.  My verbal score was pretty high but unfortunately my math score was a lot lower then I hoped it would be.  Oh well, it happens,  I'll just have to kick butt on it if I need to take it again in the spring.  On a brighter note I did well enough that I should be able to get into VT grad school no problem! Woohoooo.  At least my plan B is looking a little safer now.

I'm far from giving up on applying to Vet School this year though.  I'm planning on asking my LORs writers this week (wish me luck!) and hopefully trying to get those in before school starts.  One less thing on the to-do list.

I started my Ovarian Cancer research position last week.  So far so good.  Its been a lot of fun and I'm learning a ton.  I really enjoy the other people in the lab, they're all extremely friendly.  If everything works out I'm hoping to get to continue with this research for my Master's degree *fingers crossed*.  One of my jobs is to literally shove mice in tubes and get their BMIs.  Needless to say they're not fans of the whole process.

Hopefully this next week will get a little less stressful.  I'm looking forward to going home for the weekend for Stephanie Kreiner's Wedding!!!  Not to mention I get to see three of my favorites Melissa Kreiner, Rom Mascetti, and Ian Newell :)  Let the fun begin.

Never Give Up On Your Dreams.

The history of the world is full of men who rose to leadership, by sheer force of self-confidence, bravery and tenacity.” - Mahatma Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment