Saturday, April 7, 2012

She's as pretty as a picture...

"...every bit as funny as she is smart"

Life is what you make it.  Why shoot for sub-par when you want to hang around the stars?  My parents came to visit this weekend and I learned a lot about myself.  Not necessarily from them, or even from anything they said.  Just from how I felt and acted around them.  It reminded me of who I was before I came into college.  The girl I used to be happy with, and love being.  First, I'm an independent and beautiful young woman.  I've been letting myself be ok with things I shouldn't be ok with.  I want to be pursued.  Why am I attempting to chase people who don't want me?  That's just stupid.  I'd be settling even if I convinced them to be with me.  I want to be with a person who wants me as much as I want them.  There are plenty of WONDERFUL people who have been paying attention to me.  I've been ignoring them because in my brain I have some issue with someone actually liking me.  It doesn't make sense.  I guess I convince myself that they must be crazy and decide to try to pursue the next jerk.  Ridiculous.  Also, I've come to realize (again) that freedom is an absolutely beautiful thing.  We don't always need to be in a relationship, or even dating or talking to someone.  Sometimes, just learning about ourselves and taking time to be alone is the healthiest thing in the world.  It's a beautiful thing to actually know who you are.  So many 20 year olds I know don't, heck, I'm not even sure if I really know myself that well.  Sometimes I find myself making decisions or thinking things even I don't understand.  Cherish the moments that make you smile, enjoy your independence, and remember to pursue your dreams, if you do, everything else will fall into place.  God always has a plan.  Sometimes we just need to trust him a little more.

"just as free, free as we'll ever be."

No comments:

Post a Comment