Monday, November 14, 2011

Happiness

I need to go home.  Enough.  Exhausted physically, mentally, and especially emotionally.  Time to conquer my fears and take control of my life instead of it controlling me.  Happiness is my decision and completely obtainable.  I just have to seek it for myself!  It's Senior year, it's my turn to make my life the way I want it.


I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.
- E. B. White

Those who won our independence... valued liberty as an end and as a means. They believed liberty to be the secret of happiness and courage to be the secret of liberty.
- Louis D. Brandeis

As I go through all kinds of feelings and experiences in my journey through life -- delight, surprise, chagrin, dismay -- I hold this question as a guiding light: "What do I really need right now to be happy?" What I come to over and over again is that only qualities as vast and deep as love, connection and kindness will really make me happy in any sort of enduring way.
- Sharon Salzberg


What is the meaning of life? To be happy and useful.
- Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama

It doesn't matter how long we may have been stuck in a sense of our limitations. If we go into a darkened room and turn on the light, it doesn't matter if the room has been dark for a day, a week, or ten thousand years -- we turn on the light and it is illuminated. Once we control our capacity for love and happiness, the light has been turned on.
- Sharon Salzberg

No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change.
- Barbara de Angelis

Moderation. Small helpings. Sample a little bit of everything. These are the secrets of happiness and good health.
- Julia Child



No comments:

Post a Comment