Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Food for thought

What is happiness?

It may initially seem like a peculiar question, but if you truly think about it, how would you honestly define the word?  Is there a definition?

I've been thinking about this for the last few days and I'm not even sure I can come up with an answer I like.

I was talking to someone a few months ago and he asked me a similar question.  What is love?  A question so simple shouldn't be very complex to answer right?  Boy was I mistaken.  Love can have so many different meanings and so many different levels.  How do you compare the love you have for your dog, to the love you have for your brother, to the love you have for your significant other?  They are all extremely different by yet we use the same word.  Maybe the ancient Greeks (I do believe that is who I'm trying to talk about) had it right.  There should be more than one word for love, and I'm not talking about passion or caring or any of those adjectives.  I'm talking about something deeper.  That feeling you just can't describe with anything in the English langauge.  Nothing we can say will be deep enough to capture this emotion of overwhelming "love".

After pondering it for awhile I've come to a similar conclusion about happiness.  What is happiness, how do I feel when I am happy?  What makes me happy?

So, my new mission, find out what happiness is to me, and how to share it with others.

I want to live passionately.  I want to embrace my uniqueness and I want to share my inspiration with the world around me.



Beloved.




I thirst.

No comments:

Post a Comment